Couldn’t help but reference this album title as I am a bit of a Nirvana fan. I still remember where I was & what I was doing when I heard the news about Kurt. That was a sad day for me at kindy ;).
Carrying on the teen theme from last week, I got to thinking about what info would have been most helpful to me and what I would have loved to have known then if I could have (that’s assuming I listened to & followed any advice, which is most unlikely!) But here goes:
Advice from me – now – to teenage self.
* Start waxing ASAP, by the time a few years have passed, you will be thankful.
* Don’t waste a second, even though it seems you have endless years ahead of you.
* Grab life & every opportunity with both hands & run with it.
* There is a finite window in which you can do something stupid and it be ‘endearing’, so do a few dumb things now because soon enough it will just look sad.
* Any man who makes you cry is probably not worth crying over.
* Choose your battles wisely. Let the small issues slide, but don’t back down in matters relating to your fundamental beliefs and ideals.
* Sell all your shares in 2007!